Girlz Lyfe Blog
Posted on Sunday, August 8th, 2010 at 12:51 am.
How do you do it?
Several different ways:
- You MUST sign up for an account at GirlzLyfe.com to be eligible to win the iPad Wi-Fi 16 GB (requires no purchase) – this will give you 1 entry. (To sign up for an account at GirlzLyfe.com, click on the ‘My Account’ link, enter the data required and sign up for a new account. Members who previously signed up for an account are already eligible to win.) Leave a comment letting us know that you’ve signed up or you already have an account.
- Once you have signed up for an account, ‘like’ us on Facebook! That will earn you one more entry. Leave a comment letting us know you like us on FB, or that you already did!
- Finally, if you place an order with GirlzLyfe.com, you will earn 10 additional entries. Leave your 10 comments letting us know what you purchased.
The contest will run through Sept 6th 2010, with the drawing via Random.org occurring on Sept 10th. Make sure to share the contest with all your friends & family!
You must be 18 years old or older to participate. NOTE: Please leave one comment for EACH entry so your entries will count in the drawing!
Good luck everyone!
Posted on Friday, August 6th, 2010 at 7:25 pm.
Whether you’re 15 or 50, taking care of your skin is extremely important. After all, it doesn’t come with a warranty. Taking great care of your skin can ensure that you look younger, healthier, and even more attractive. Luckily, there are 5 simple ways that you can give your skin the TLC it deserves.
1. Sunscreen – You guessed it, didn’t you? This is one of the most important things you can do for your skin. Apply sunscreen every single day, and use an SPF 30 or higher. Even the filtered light that comes in through your windows can cause harmful UV damage to your skin. Pay especially close attention to your skin if you plan on going outside in the sun. In addition to lathering up with sunscreen, wear a wide-brim hat to shield your face. Too much sun exposure can cause your skin to look leathery, dry, and wrinkled.
2. Omega-3 Fatty Acids – Fatty acids are excellent for the skin. They contain anti-aging benefits and help provide your body with the vitamins it needs to fight free radicals. These fatty acids are available in different kinds of fish, such as tuna and salmon. You can also take a fish oil supplement to get the right amount of vitamins.
3. Water - Drinking 8 glasses of water a day is the perfect way to show your skin some love. In addition to all the other benefits of drinking water, it hydrates the skin and helps it retain moisture. Without enough water, the skin can become dried out and wrinkled. Water affects every major organ in the body – either the lack of it or the use of it. Water can also help clear up acne by flushing out toxins in the skin.
4. Moisturizer – Choose a non-comedogenic moisturizer and apply it after your shower or after you wash your face. A hydrating moisturizer can keep the skin supple and healthier-looking. One with antioxidants and vitamin E can also help reduce the signs of aging.
5. Fruits and Vegetables - Fruits and veggies contain essential nutrients the body needs for a number of different things. Eating plenty of these foods can prevent serious health conditions like cancer and heart disease, and it can also help keep your skin younger and fresher looking.
Using the 5 methods above will really help protect your skin and keep it beautiful! When results really start to show, you’ll be glad you put in the effort.
Posted on Wednesday, August 4th, 2010 at 4:10 pm.
So, you don’t think jeans and a top can be hot? What about a calf-length skirt and a plain blouse? No matter what you’re wearing (as long as it matches and fits your body well), you can fabulous with these 6 secrets! Learn how to dress up any plain outfit below.
1. Add a Scarf – Even if you’re wearing a simple t-shirt and jeans, you can make it look polished and sexy with the addition of a scarf. If the clothes you’re wearing are neutral-toned, find a scarf with some color that will punch up the outfit. Kim Kardashian loves this look. Another tricky thing you can do with a scarf to give you a dressy look is tie it around your head like a headband. Nicole Richie is known for sporting this look often. You can invest in a few great scarves and breathe life into your wardrobe!
2. Bangle Bracelets – Any outfit (summer dress, t-shirt and jeans, or shorts) can be dressed up with loads of bangle bracelets. It’s a quick way to make your entire ensemble look tied together. If you want to take it to the next step, find a colored belt that matches those bracelets. Most celebrities – including J-lo and Gwen Stefani – adore bangle bracelets.
3. Chunky Boots – Boots are very ‘in’ right now, and celebrities are wearing them with everything. They dress up short and long skirts as well as jeans. They can take any outfit from frumpy to gorgeous. Take your time looking for a great pair and try to purchase one that will go with any of your outfits – so something neutral in color would be perfect. Cameron Diaz can be seen at any given time sporting cute boots with nearly any outfit.
4. Sunglasses – Yes, even a great pair of sunglasses can make you look stunning. Choose a pair that fits your face, but for a bit of extra ‘umph,’ find a pair with large lenses or embellishments. This is also perfect for days when you don’t really feel like putting on your make-up before you hit the streets.
5. Small Jackets – Add a small jacket to your skinny-jeans and t-shirt, skirt, or dress to obtain the look many celebrities opt for. Just like the boots, get something that will go with any outfit. Make the boots and the jacket match and you’ve got unlimited possibilities!
6. Carry a Big, Bright Bag – Bags are not only helpful for carrying the necessities, but they can really add to an ensemble. Even if you throw on jean shorts and a t-shirt, take a few moments to select a gorgeous bag and you will look great! Choosing a few different bags in bright colors can give you great options when it comes time to get dressed and go out in public.
There you have it – 6 ways to dress up any plain outfit. The greatest thing about these tips is that you can mix and match these accessories to really make an impact. Bangle bracelets and boots, a beautiful bag with the right pair of sunglasses – these essentials are fun to play with and really make you look great.
Image Credits: http://www.scarveswraps.com/tag/cecilia-de-bucourt, http://www.thelook4less.net/2007/11/loeffler-randall-kit-boots.html, http://www.fabsugar.co.uk/Photos-Dakota-Fanning-Agyness-Deyn-Fearne-Cotton-Chunky-Boots-3302913
Posted on Monday, August 2nd, 2010 at 6:18 pm.
If you have a loved one’s birthday, anniversary, or other special occasion coming up, you’re in luck. We have a ton of adorable gifts that are reasonably priced – and now you can take advantage of flat shipping! Have a look at some of our featured items to get great gift ideas.
Help your friends or loved ones stay organized in style with the numerous products available from Girlz Lyfe. The Desk-It is a great gift that sticks right next to the computer and features a week-long calendar. Write down important events, deadlines, etc. It’s just like a sticky-note with an adhesive back, and is perfect for the person in your life who could use more organization.
Another helpful item is the Bunny Love Note Pad. Pair this with a few adorable pens and you’ve got a great gift for anyone who writes notes to themselves or others. This is also a really great idea for back-to-school, so girls can write down homework assignments or anything else they need to remember.
The greatest thing about both of these gifts – they’re under $10!
For the Food Lover
Everyone knows someone who can’t get enough cupcakes, or someone who needs a weekly fix of delicious sushi! Girlz Lyfe has a fantastic selection of food-related novelty gifts that friends will cherish. They’re sure to bring a laugh as well. The sandwich coasters are super-cute, featuring two slices of bread, lunch meat and veggies that look very realistic. They’re the perfect conversation piece, and are actually functional.
The Cupcake with Sprinkles necklaces are too sweet. Each cupcake features a mound of icing, colorful sprinkles, and a little red cherry on top. These are great for the loved one who has a strong sweet tooth, and they’re very girly and pretty as well. Why not pick up a few of these for your best friends, or your daughter’s best friends? They’ll be well received!
With the Eat More Fruit round coin purse, your friend or loved one can keep up with their change easily and in style. This cute coin purse has a black strap to make it easier to carry, and can fit more than just change. It can be used instead of a purse, for cell phones, lipstick, and other small items.
For the Animal Lover
If your friend or loved one adores their furry pals, Girlz Lyfe can provide you with the perfect gift. The Bella Bean Couture Toadstool collars are whimsical and adorable! You can get the matching leash, and choose which colors you want for your friend’s beloved puppy or your own.
With the Black Polka-Dot pet carrier, your friend’s tiny pet will be pampered and comfortable. This is the perfect, stylish way to bring along your pet no matter where you’re going. It also features a spot for your favorite pet picture.
No matter what special occasion is coming up and who you’re shopping for, Girlz Lyfe has the cutest and most stylish gifts available!
Posted on Friday, July 30th, 2010 at 6:06 pm.
These days, it seems like the judges come and go as often as the contestants on American Idol. We’ve just received news that talk show host Ellen Degeneres will not serve as the judge of American Idol next seaThese days, it seems like the judges come and go as often as the contestants on American Idol. We’ve just received news that talk show host Ellen Degeneres will not serve as the judge of Americanson – and after losing the notorious Simon Cowell, fans are left wondering what’s going to happen.
With a cult-like following, it’s important that the show is able to bring the right judges and personalities to the table.Reports have surfaced that J-Lo will serve as a judge, but whether that’s for just one season or longer is unknown. Now, new sources are saying that Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler may also be joining the popular show as a judge. But, will fans be happy with these choices? Obviously, they’re both musically-talented and can help the contestants as they make their way through the weeks of the contest. The show proved with Paula Abdul in the beginning that fans would be able to connect with singers that were…well, a little older than the target audience, perhaps. But hey, Steven Tyler is nothing less than a legend, so perhaps it will work out.
So, what’s the reason for Ellen’s departure from the show? She says she let judges know months ago that it wasn’t right for her, but that she’d stay until they could figure out where to go next. Ellen says she enjoyed nurturing the talent on the show, but sometimes found it hard to hurt the feelings of the contestants. In addition to that, her schedule became more than she had bargained for with Idol added in to the mix.Don’t worry, though – fans of Ellen can still catch her show and enjoy her witty and charming personality. As for Idol, dedicated fans probably won’t stop watching the show just because the judges are changing…at least, I know I won’t!
Photo Credit: www.USMagazine.com
Posted on Friday, July 30th, 2010 at 1:25 am.
Today our coupons got a little wacky so we decided to do the following for Domestic and International Orders. Shop like crazy for back to school!
Expires Sunday August 1st at midnight.
Posted on Thursday, July 29th, 2010 at 6:49 pm.
Posted on Thursday, July 29th, 2010 at 5:27 pm.
This is just a quick little note on some new items that arrived in the last week or so. Sorry for the lag time, but the relaunch has us exhausted!
We just got in some amazing, fun wallets and stationery from Poketo. They work with several artist from around the world on incredibly unique designs that are now featured as wallets, stationery and much more!
Kelly Lynn Jones Wallet
I absolutely love the amazing scenery and detail on this wallet!
A great way to keep your thoughts and memories treasured in a Poketo Travel Journal.
Claudia Carieri Wallet
Have a great day, the weekend is around the corner!
Posted on Thursday, July 29th, 2010 at 3:12 am.
If you’ve eaten up every word of Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn; purchased The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner, and even tried The Host on for size – you might be experiencing some withdrawals. It looks like it’s going to be a while before you get more vampire books from Stephenie Meyer (Midnight Sun is not a sure thing), so the following books are definitely worth checking out!
Vampire Academy Series
This series starts out with Vampire Academy, which tells the story of Rosemarie Hathaway and Vasilissa Dragomir. Vasilissa (or Lissa) is a good vampire, and Rose is her guardian. Good vampires are gifted with the ability to use magic, but are also the targets of the deadly Strigoi. The story continues through Frostbite, Shadow Kiss, Blood Promise, and Spirit Bound.
The main character, Rose, is a tough girl with a great sense of humor. Plus, heartthrobs show up everywhere in this series. Dimitri, another guardian and Rose’s mentor, is the man she’s truly in love with. He’s dark but kind, quiet but intelligent, and dresses like a rockstar cowboy. Adrian is adorable too! This series is a great one, and I highly recommend it to anyone who loved Twilight. The final book comes out in late 2010.
The Sookie Stackhouse Series
This is a great series, and the basis for the HBO show True Blood. The vampires in this series are a little different from the Cullens, but no less magnetic. Sookie is a waitress with a rare gift of reading people’s minds. When she meets the vampire Bill (I know right…hilarious name for a vampire), she is so relieved because she can’t read his mind and it’s peaceful.
The series starts with Dead Until Dark, and continues with Living Dead in Dallas, Club Dead, Dead to the World, Dead as a Doornail, Definitely Dead, Altogether Dead, From Dead to Worse, Dead and Gone, and Dead in the Family. I will admit that I didn’t get truly into this series until the 2nd or 3rd book (I have major commitment), but after that, I couldn’t get enough. I really enjoyed this series.
The Hunger Games Series
Finally, we have the Hunger Games series, and without a doubt my favorite on the list. They’re not vampire books, but that doesn’t make them any less important. The books tell the story of Katniss Everdeen, who lives in a post-apocalyptic District 12 in the ruins of North America. Imagine children being sent out survivor-style to fight against 26 other contestants. The lone survivor is the winner. Mix that in with a good dose of heartbreaking romance and the great mind of a true heroine and you have The Hunger Games. The second book in the series, Catching Fire, continues with the story and presents new challenges and problems. Mockingjay, the third in the series, comes out at the end of next month and I CAN’T WAIT!! Fabulous series.
There you have it. If you’re not in the mood to re-read the Twilight Saga, have a go at these books. You’re sure to love them!
Posted on Thursday, July 29th, 2010 at 2:37 am.
Hi all! We’re very excited to announce our new and improved website, and some of the benefits that you’re going to get in addition to the site. If you haven’t checked it out yet, please do so here. GirlzLyfe We really want to know what you guys think about it – do you like it better? Any suggestions or feedback? Let us know.
We’re also really happy to tell you that it’s easier than ever to order. We’re offering flat rate shipping for both US and international orders – $2 cheaper for domestic orders!!! (from $7.95 to $5.95). We hope the new changes make it easier for you to shop with GirlzLyfe, because we really value your business!