6 Ways to Dress Up any Plain Outfit
Posted on Wednesday, August 4th, 2010 at 4:10 pm.
So, you don’t think jeans and a top can be hot? What about a calf-length skirt and a plain blouse? No matter what you’re wearing (as long as it matches and fits your body well), you can fabulous with these 6 secrets! Learn how to dress up any plain outfit below.
1. Add a Scarf – Even if you’re wearing a simple t-shirt and jeans, you can make it look polished and sexy with the addition of a scarf. If the clothes you’re wearing are neutral-toned, find a scarf with some color that will punch up the outfit. Kim Kardashian loves this look. Another tricky thing you can do with a scarf to give you a dressy look is tie it around your head like a headband. Nicole Richie is known for sporting this look often. You can invest in a few great scarves and breathe life into your wardrobe!
2. Bangle Bracelets – Any outfit (summer dress, t-shirt and jeans, or shorts) can be dressed up with loads of bangle bracelets. It’s a quick way to make your entire ensemble look tied together. If you want to take it to the next step, find a colored belt that matches those bracelets. Most celebrities – including J-lo and Gwen Stefani – adore bangle bracelets.
3. Chunky Boots – Boots are very ‘in’ right now, and celebrities are wearing them with everything. They dress up short and long skirts as well as jeans. They can take any outfit from frumpy to gorgeous. Take your time looking for a great pair and try to purchase one that will go with any of your outfits – so something neutral in color would be perfect. Cameron Diaz can be seen at any given time sporting cute boots with nearly any outfit.
4. Sunglasses – Yes, even a great pair of sunglasses can make you look stunning. Choose a pair that fits your face, but for a bit of extra ‘umph,’ find a pair with large lenses or embellishments. This is also perfect for days when you don’t really feel like putting on your make-up before you hit the streets.
5. Small Jackets – Add a small jacket to your skinny-jeans and t-shirt, skirt, or dress to obtain the look many celebrities opt for. Just like the boots, get something that will go with any outfit. Make the boots and the jacket match and you’ve got unlimited possibilities!
6. Carry a Big, Bright Bag – Bags are not only helpful for carrying the necessities, but they can really add to an ensemble. Even if you throw on jean shorts and a t-shirt, take a few moments to select a gorgeous bag and you will look great! Choosing a few different bags in bright colors can give you great options when it comes time to get dressed and go out in public.
There you have it – 6 ways to dress up any plain outfit. The greatest thing about these tips is that you can mix and match these accessories to really make an impact. Bangle bracelets and boots, a beautiful bag with the right pair of sunglasses – these essentials are fun to play with and really make you look great.
Image Credits: http://www.scarveswraps.com/tag/cecilia-de-bucourt, http://www.thelook4less.net/2007/11/loeffler-randall-kit-boots.html, http://www.fabsugar.co.uk/Photos-Dakota-Fanning-Agyness-Deyn-Fearne-Cotton-Chunky-Boots-3302913
3 Responses to “6 Ways to Dress Up any Plain Outfit”
Leave a Reply