5 Ways to Keep Your Skin Healthy and Fresh
Posted on Friday, August 6th, 2010 at 7:25 pm.
Whether you’re 15 or 50, taking care of your skin is extremely important. After all, it doesn’t come with a warranty. Taking great care of your skin can ensure that you look younger, healthier, and even more attractive. Luckily, there are 5 simple ways that you can give your skin the TLC it deserves.
1. Sunscreen – You guessed it, didn’t you? This is one of the most important things you can do for your skin. Apply sunscreen every single day, and use an SPF 30 or higher. Even the filtered light that comes in through your windows can cause harmful UV damage to your skin. Pay especially close attention to your skin if you plan on going outside in the sun. In addition to lathering up with sunscreen, wear a wide-brim hat to shield your face. Too much sun exposure can cause your skin to look leathery, dry, and wrinkled.
2. Omega-3 Fatty Acids – Fatty acids are excellent for the skin. They contain anti-aging benefits and help provide your body with the vitamins it needs to fight free radicals. These fatty acids are available in different kinds of fish, such as tuna and salmon. You can also take a fish oil supplement to get the right amount of vitamins.
3. Water - Drinking 8 glasses of water a day is the perfect way to show your skin some love. In addition to all the other benefits of drinking water, it hydrates the skin and helps it retain moisture. Without enough water, the skin can become dried out and wrinkled. Water affects every major organ in the body – either the lack of it or the use of it. Water can also help clear up acne by flushing out toxins in the skin.
4. Moisturizer – Choose a non-comedogenic moisturizer and apply it after your shower or after you wash your face. A hydrating moisturizer can keep the skin supple and healthier-looking. One with antioxidants and vitamin E can also help reduce the signs of aging.
5. Fruits and Vegetables - Fruits and veggies contain essential nutrients the body needs for a number of different things. Eating plenty of these foods can prevent serious health conditions like cancer and heart disease, and it can also help keep your skin younger and fresher looking.
Using the 5 methods above will really help protect your skin and keep it beautiful! When results really start to show, you’ll be glad you put in the effort.
One Response to “5 Ways to Keep Your Skin Healthy and Fresh”
Leave a Reply